After all the speculation last week, Tom Brady finally announced earlier this week that he was, in fact, retiring from the NFL after 22 amazing seasons.
With this news came waves of messages from former and current players to the GOAT.
But when responding to the messages, Tom Brady tabbed a surprising quarterback as his successor as the league’s best and winningest player: Ravens QB Lamar Jackson.
“Your next,” Brady wrote to Lamar.
He’s next 🤔 pic.twitter.com/oPmhDHbmaa
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) February 2, 2022
Tom Brady and Lamar Jackson had many tough battles towards the end of the Brady’s career. But given the new wave of QBs like Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Justin Herbert, Joe Burrow, etc., it was kind of surprising that Brady sees something in Jackson that separates him from the rest.
After winning the MVP award in 2019, Jackson has taken a small set back in terms of stats. But when he’s healthy and right, he’s still one of the most dominant players in the league.
Lamar Jackson still has his fair share of skeptics, but getting some re-assurance from Tom Brady should serve as a reminder that he’s one of the most dynamic players in the entire NFL.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth