Former Los Angeles Lakers big man and great friend of the late Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, had his first child last year.
Pau and his wife paid tribute to the late Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna by naming their baby Elisabet Gianna Gasol. Pau also made Vanessa Bryant the godmother of the child.
Gasol recently spoke about the naming, and offered some insight into why they’re so meaningful.
“I think it was a way to have him and her present in our lives forever,” Gasol said. “It was just probably, for us, the biggest way that we could actually honor him and her into our lives, and now, having Vanessa as the godmother of our baby Ellie Gianna, that’s life. We’re a family. And we love each other. We’re gonna be there all the way. … We’re gonna be here always, through the good times and the bad times.”
Gasol obviously cared for Kobe Bryant more than we know. Gasol and his wife honoring Kobe with the name proves just how close they were.
And to make Vanessa the Godmother is plenty of proof that their friendship was super special.
Pau and Kobe forever!
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- One Surprising QB Has Been an Especially Popular MVP Bet the Last Few Weeks
- Jared Goff’s Supermodel Fiancée Details How She Received Death Threats Following Lions’ Losses
- Ian Rapoport’s Wife Speaks on Her Husband’s Rival Adam Schefter
- Detroit Lions Getting Huge Betting Boost from Hard Knocks
- One Very Hot Bet of Late is on a Receiver You’d Never Think Of