Former New York Mets manager Terry Collins was one of the most entertaining managers in the history of the sport.
On this date in 2017, he had one of the best mic’d up sports videos I have ever seen in my entire life.
The video starts with Mets pitcher Noah Syndergaard throwing behind a batter, and getting ejected. The umpire who was mic’d up goes over to talk to Syndergaard, who was asking why he wasn’t given a warning before getting tossed. And then, manager Terry Collins comes running out of the dugout like a bat out of hell, yelling every insult in the book at any umpire who would listen to him.
Check it out:
On this date in 2017, Terry Collins passed Davey Johnson to become the longest tenured manager in Mets franchise history at 1,013 games.
— Metsmerized Online (@Metsmerized) May 20, 2021
There are certain videos that I can watch over and over again without ever getting sick of them, and this one is right at the top of the list.
We talk about how to grow the game of baseball all the time. Here’s an idea, just have every umpire mic’d up during ejections, and air it over the live broadcast. It probably wouldn’t fly, but boy would it be fun.
They don’t make em like Terry Collins anymore. The man is a legend.
Welcome to the game outside the game! Follow us on our Sideaction Twitter handle, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest on sports and pop culture news across the web!
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth