Oregon’s Kayvon Thibodeaux may very well be the #1 overall pick in this upcoming NFL Draft. But for now, he has found himself in some hot water.
When having a candid discussion with FS1’s Joel Klatt, Thibodeaux slammed the education at Alabama when speaking on why he chose to go to Oregon as a highly-coveted recruit out of high school.
“I already hate the stigmatism of football players being dumb jocks. Do you know the stigmatism of Alabama education? It ain’t the West Coast. It ain’t Harvard,” he said.
— FOX College Football (@CFBONFOX) January 12, 2022
While Joel Klatt didn’t have much input on Kayvon Thibodeaux’s comments on Alabama, he was also criticized for not standing up for the education received at Bama.
Klatt took to Twitter to apologize later.
No excuses…should’ve pushed back! Fact is a University of Alabama education is very good
— Joel Klatt (@joelklatt) January 13, 2022
So far, Kayvon Thibodeaux hasn’t apologized for his comments. But he has been trashed by fans all over the web.
Thibodeax dealt with lingering injuries throughout his final season at Oregon. But despite that, him and Michigan’s Aidan Hutchinson are currently the favorites to be taken first overall this year without much offensive prowess in the class this year.
We’ll be hearing a lot more out of Kayvon Thibodeaux from now until said draft. And he’ll hope to keep his comments a little less controversial in the future.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Aidan Hutchinson DROY Bets Becoming Hot Wager After Eventful Week
- Deshaun Watson Serenaded With “F*** You Sicko” Chants During First Preseason Game
- One Surprising QB Has Been an Especially Popular MVP Bet the Last Few Weeks
- Jared Goff’s Supermodel Fiancée Details How She Received Death Threats Following Lions’ Losses
- Ian Rapoport’s Wife Speaks on Her Husband’s Rival Adam Schefter