Juan Soto may have just made the Mets want to opt out of the 2020 MLB season as a team.
Just hours after it was announced that Mets starter Marcus Stroman had opted out of the 2020 season for COVID-related reasons, the Mets took the field against the Nationals and promptly allowed a season-high 16 runs.
Two of those runs came off the bat of Nats phenom Juan Soto who was scratched from the lineup on Opening Day after testing postive for COVID-19.
Check out the moonshot that Soto launched off of Steven Matz:
Who wants to see Juan Soto destroy a baseball?
You're in luck!
— FOX Sports: MLB (@MLBONFOX) August 10, 2020
- ESPN Makes Stephen A. Smith Meme No One Understands
- Trevor Lawrence Proposed To His Hot Soccer Player Girlfriend On Clemson’s Field
- Bellator Fighter Dillon Danis Posted A Hilarious Instagram Excuse For His Weight Gain During Quarantine
Soto’s second homer of the season made the score 5-0 and was measured at 463 feet. It was only the beginning of what was a 16-run onslaught which included home runs from Asdrubal Cabrera and Trea Turner as well.
The Nationals need to get it going a little earlier than they did last season to make a push for the playoffs as they sit at only 5-7 through 12 games played while the Mets fell to 7-10.
Welcome to the game outside the game! Follow us on our new Sideaction Twitter handle for the latest on sports & pop culture news across the web!
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth