Juan Soto may have just made the Mets want to opt out of the 2020 MLB season as a team.
Just hours after it was announced that Mets starter Marcus Stroman had opted out of the 2020 season for COVID-related reasons, the Mets took the field against the Nationals and promptly allowed a season-high 16 runs.
Two of those runs came off the bat of Nats phenom Juan Soto who was scratched from the lineup on Opening Day after testing postive for COVID-19.
Check out the moonshot that Soto launched off of Steven Matz:
Who wants to see Juan Soto destroy a baseball?
You're in luck!
— FOX Sports: MLB (@MLBONFOX) August 10, 2020
- ESPN Makes Stephen A. Smith Meme No One Understands
- Trevor Lawrence Proposed To His Hot Soccer Player Girlfriend On Clemson’s Field
- Bellator Fighter Dillon Danis Posted A Hilarious Instagram Excuse For His Weight Gain During Quarantine
Soto’s second homer of the season made the score 5-0 and was measured at 463 feet. It was only the beginning of what was a 16-run onslaught which included home runs from Asdrubal Cabrera and Trea Turner as well.
The Nationals need to get it going a little earlier than they did last season to make a push for the playoffs as they sit at only 5-7 through 12 games played while the Mets fell to 7-10.
Welcome to the game outside the game! Follow us on our new Sideaction Twitter handle for the latest on sports & pop culture news across the web!
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills
- Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Received Plenty of Attention on NFL Sunday For Her Multi-Colored Dress
- Cooper Rush’s Wife Reacts to Her ‘Daddy’ Getting Big Win While Replacing Dak Prescott as Cowboys Starter
- Rumor: Video of Niners QB Trey Lance Allegedly at the Strip Club Making it Rain Goes Viral
- IG Golf Influencer Paige Spiranac Forced To Delete Comments On Latest Video After Fat-Shaming Comments