Andy Reid and Bills coach Sean McDermott are set to face off the the AFC Championship this weekend, but they’ve been familiar with each other for a long time now.
When Reid was the head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles, Sean McDermott was one of his coaches, working as a defensive assistant at that time. It has been a long time since their days in Philly, but fate has brought Reid and McDermott back together. This time as competitors, with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line.
While Andy Reid has a tough task at hand, he stopped to sing the praises of his former assistant during his presser today.
“It’s tremendous. He deserves to be Coach of the Year,” Reid said of McDermott. “He’s really done a nice job with that whole program.”
- Bruce Arians Fires Shot Across Patriots’ Bow
- Did MJ Cut Anthony Anderson Off Following Golf Defeat?
- Peyton Manning to Play Key Role in Tennessee Alma Mater’s Search for Head Coach
- Tiger Tales: Rachel Uchitel Details Alleged Affair
- Surprise Team Showing Deshaun Watson Interest?
- James and the Giant Tax Bill; Harden to Pay $13M After Trade
- Colin Cowherd Wants Nick Saban to Get an NFL Head Coaching Gig
While Sean McDermott will not be campaigning for himself (I think he’s more worried about beating the Chiefs), Andy Reid is absolutely right. Sean McDermott should win coach of the year. Win or lose this weekend, what McDermott has built in Buffalo is beyond impressive.
The Bills open the contest as a slight underdog against the high-powered Chiefs it what should be a great football game. Unfortunately for Andy Reid and Sean McDermott, somebody has to lose.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth