Longtime NFL sideline reporter Michele Tafoya is at the center of controversy, again.
On Saturday, Tafoya took to Twitter to call on the Angels broadcast to stop talking about Shohei Ohtani.
“@Angels broadcast… Enough with the @Ohtani baseball chatter!!! @BallySportWest”.
— Michele Tafoya (@Michele_Tafoya) May 15, 2022
After receiving backlash, Michele Tafoya tried to clarify her original tweet.
“We were laughing because they did not stop talking about this baseball and how someone brought it to their booth, and people taking pictures of it, and on and on and on and on and on,” she explained to the NY Post.
She also took to Twitter to comment on the original post.
Really? If you read the tweet again, I said enough with the talk about the Ohtani “baseball.” IMHO, the broadcast went overboard showing the actual BALL — maybe more than they showed Ohtani. The home run was fantastic, the coverage of the physical baseball was a little much.
— Michele Tafoya (@Michele_Tafoya) May 16, 2022
Michele Tafoya also caught some flak last year with a comment she made about Colin Kaepernick.
“Why are we even teaching that the color of the skin matters? Because to me, what matters is your character and your values,” she said.
After last season, Michele Tafoya retired from her longtime post as a top NFL sideline reporter.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth