This year’s NFL Draft is bound to be a lot different.
Despite being a fixture in the coverage over the past several years, college football analyst Kirk Herbstreit announced on social media that he will not be making the trip to Las Vegas this Thursday.
Herbstreit referenced using an “abundance of caution” after doctors found he has been dealing with a blood clot.
Hey guys-wanted to update you on my situation this week. Unfortunately I won't be part of our ESPN/ABC NFL Draft coverage. Our team in Vegas will have it covered, and I will be watching.
Congrats to all the players! I love this event and look forward to returning next year. pic.twitter.com/UvBsI3TaUV
— Kirk Herbstreit (@KirkHerbstreit) April 25, 2022
Last year, Kirk Herbstreit missed some of the college football season after dealing with a troubling bout with COVID, although it’s not clear if the two medical issues have anything to do with each other.
For now, Mel Kiper and the team will be left without the unparalleled knowledge Herbstreit has for all the players set to be drafted over the course of the weekend.
While Kirk Herbstreit will be missed, we’re pulling for a speedy recovery from the longtime color man and analyst.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth