Another former NFL player who’s left us too soon.
According to reports, former Dallas Cowboys running back Marion Barber III died of heat stroke, police said Monday. In a statement, police in the Dallas suburb of Frisco said the Collin County medical examiner had ruled Barber’s death an accident. A police spokesman provided no further details on the circumstances surrounding the 38-year-old’s death.
Former Dallas Cowboys running back Marion Barber died from heat stroke, autopsy says https://t.co/TFFzJAy8b4
— Clarence Hill Jr (@clarencehilljr) July 11, 2022
A spokesperson for the Frisco police released the following statement: “Officers are currently out on a welfare concern, but we are unable to provide any further information at this time.”
The Cowboys released a statement after news of Barber’s death was released.
“We are heartbroken by the tragic death of Marion Barber III,” the statement reads. “Marion was an old-school, hard-nosed football player who ran with the will to win every down. He had a passion for the game and love for his coaches and teammates. Our hearts go out to Marion’s family and friends during this difficult time.”
Forever in our hearts. #MarionTheBarbarian
— Dallas Cowboys (@dallascowboys) June 1, 2022
In 2012, Barber decided to retire from the NFL after playing one season with the Chicago Bears.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth