Several people close to Brittney Griner have called on the American government to find a way to get her home. But now, the WNBA star is sending her own message to president Joe Biden.
Via NY Times:
“As I sit here in a Russian prison, alone with my thoughts and without the protection of my wife, family, friends, Olympic jersey or any accomplishments, I’m terrified I might be here forever,” Griner said in an excerpt from the letter shared by her representatives.
She continued: “I realize you are dealing with so much, but please don’t forget about me and the other American detainees. Please do all you can to bring us home.”
A White House spokesman didn’t say whether or not Joe Biden received and/or plans to respond to the letter, but Adrienne Watson, a spokeswoman for the National Security Council, spoke out on the matter.
“President Biden has been clear about the need to see all U.S. nationals who are held hostage or wrongfully detained abroad released, including Brittney Griner. The U.S. government continues to work aggressively — using every available means — to bring her home,” Watson said.
She added that “the president’s team is in regular contact with Brittney’s family.”
Still, Brittney Griner’s wife, Cherelle, maintains that she has not been receiving all the help necessary from Joe Biden and the American government. But hopefully, our intelligence is doing everything in their power to get Griner home ASAP.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth