Being a Vikings fan can be cruel at times. In the final seconds of a crazy game against the Arizona Cardinals, Vikings kicker Greg Joseph lined up to attempt a 37-yard field goal that would have won his team the game. The Vikings had just made an eight-play, 58-yard drive to reach what should have been makeable field goal distance.
It was a kick that should have been made to seal the win.
Vikings kicker Greg Joseph missed wide right, but a member of the Vikings radio team thought otherwise.
AS CALLED ON VIKINGS RADIO: pic.twitter.com/11794IWphj
— Timothy Burke (@bubbaprog) September 20, 2021
Here’s the transcript below:
“High snap, put down. Joseph, come on! And it’s … GOOOOOOOOD! No, he missed it.”
“It’s no good.”
“Are you kidding me? He missed it right. Oh my heavens. Oh … oh my … this…”
“He missed it right.”
“What a gut punch to a team, Paul, that play after play, toward the end, fought its way back.”
“Ugh, missed it by a foot.””
Can you imagine the Vikings fans listening at home or in their cars who momentarily thought their team had pulled out a massive win.
The Vikings are now 0-2, and that loss had to sting pretty badly.
0-2 is usually a precursor not to make the playoffs.
Welcome to the game outside the game! Follow us on our Sideaction Twitter handle, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest on sports and pop culture news across the web!
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth