FC Barcelona’s forward Sergio Aguero is set to retire following his heart issue which has had him sidelined since October 30th.
Sergio Aguero, 33, is set to retire following a heart issue that has held him out of action since a game on October 30th against Alaves.
Aguero joined Barcelona in the summer after parting ways with Manchester City. Barcelona was obviously looking to fill a massive void up front with the Lionel Messi transferring to Paris S.G. in the summer.
🚨 BREAKING: Sergio Aguero will be retiring from football, following some heart problems — per @gerardromero & now confirmed by @CatalunyaRadio’s @MartaCarreras_. It will be announced in the coming week. #FCB 🇦🇷
— Reshad Rahman ✆ (@ReshadRahman_) November 20, 2021
Aguero played just five games for Barcelona, scoring one goal.
He suffered an arrhythmia during the game against Alaves and has decided to hang it up for good following further testing.
Barcelona currently sits in 6th place in La Liga.
Welcome to the game outside the game! Follow us on our Sideaction Twitter handle, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest on sports and pop culture news across the web!
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth