The Evander Kane saga may be finally over in San Jose after the team released a statement Saturday morning that the Sharks plan on terminating his contract.
The Sharks have informed Evander Kane that he has been placed on unconditional waivers with intent to terminate his contract.https://t.co/Q35WBcy5Uz
— San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks) January 8, 2022
Evander Kane has been in plenty of headlines over the past couple seasons. Most recently, Kane was given a 21-game suspension from the NHL for submitting a fake COVID-19 vaccination card. He was then sent down to the Sharks AHL affiliate team, the San Jose Barracuda.
Kane appeared in 5 games for the Barracuda, registering 2 goals and 6 assists.
Unfortunately for Kane, it looks like his opportunity in San Jose is finally over. The team informed Evander Kane that he was placed on unconditional waivers with the intent to terminate his contract. Kane did it again. In the full statement released by the team, Kane breached his NHL Standard Player Contract and for violation of the AHL COVID-19 protocols.
Kane is just 30 years old with quite an impressive resume on the ice in the NHL. Unfortunately, his resume off the ice is what is going to hurt his chances of getting another opportunity with another club. No word yet on if there are any teams interested in acquiring Kane.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Canadian Bettors Are Hammering One NFL Team To Win The Super Bowl
- Green Bay’s Newest First Lady has Completed her Metamorphosis
- LSU Gymnast Olivia Dunne Went Viral Inside Yankee Stadium
- Tim Anderson’s Alleged Pregnant Side Piece Has His Number Tattooed on Her Chest
- Kliff Kingsbury’s Girlfriend Showing off Her ‘Rear’ in Kliff’s Backyard