San Francisco 49ers safety Jaquiski Tartt became the scapegoat for the gutting loss in the NFC Championship Game on Sunday.
Late in the game, Tartt had an opportunity to pick off Matthew Stafford, which would have set up the 49ers to control the clock and hold the lead. But the ball slipped through the safety’s arms, and Stafford’s Rams had another opportunity to orchestrate a scoring drive.
Jaquiski Tartt drops a dime from Matthew Stafford
— PFF (@PFF) January 31, 2022
After the game, Jaquiski Tartt took to social media to apolodize to Niners Nation, and take full responsibility for missing the golden opportunity.
“No excuses!! I deserve all the criticism my way! Opportunity I dream of I came up short!!! Let my brothers down!! It Still won’t define me as a person/player. Only will get stronger and better… #Believdat,” he wrote on Twitter.
No excuses!! I deserve all the criticism my way! Opportunity I dream of I came up short!!! Let my brothers down!! It Still won't define me as a person/player. Only will get stronger and better… #Believdat
— Jaquiski ‘Quaski’ Tartt (@quaski) January 31, 2022
Jaquiski Tartt also owned up to the drop during his postgame press conference after the game.
Unfortunately for Jaquiski Tartt, it’ll be a long offseason. But he couldn’t have handled the situation any better. I’ll be rooting for him to bounce back strong when he hits the football field again next season.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth