The bad blood between the Los Angeles Clippers and Los Angeles Lakers continues to boil, creating drama and animosity even in a preseason bout. In a preseason game, the Lakers defeated the Clippers 87-81 despite LeBron James and Anthony Davis resting for the match. Newly acquired players Dennis Schroder and Wesley Matthews represented the backcourt while Montrezl Harrell logged a 13-point, 12-rebound double-double as center. Harrell burned the Clippers in favor of joining the Lakers, making the rivalry even more intense.
With Harrell’s strong performance, trash talking ensued between him and Patrick Beverley.
Harrell and Patrick Beverley used to represent the Clippers’ bench together and added a necessary fire to the Los Angeles Clippers squad. With reports surfacing that Paul George and Kawhi Leonard not speaking to the media for 45-minutes after a game, they became the voices of the franchise. Their friendship soured when Harrell departed for the Lakers.
Beverley made sure to taunt and tease every time Harrell missed a shot, while pulling out his other antics to get under his opponents’ skin.
Kawhi Leonard and Paul George suited up, but combined for just 13 points in 28 minutes.
This Week in Sideaction:
- Nate Knockout Racist? Hosts Only Kidding? Watch Jemele Hill and Cari Champion Question Jake Paul for Yourself
- New York Mets Bag McCann, Setting Sights on Springer?
- Bulls Announcer’s Brash On-Air Statement Drawing Heat
- Dez Bryant COVID-19 Testing Dispute: Receiver Claims Multiple Negative Tests
- Alabama Basketball Coach Nate Oats Rips Coach K for Wanting Postponment for COVID-19
- What’s That Wacky Larsa Pippen Up to Now?
- Is Marshawn Lynch Coming Out of Retirement Again?
- LeBron James Ponders Pee Wee Football Coach Punching Player
- James Harden’s Mom Says Superstar Wants Out of Houston
- Derby Defeat Gets Dirty as Bellerin Defensive Display Derided by Adams
After the famous implosion against the Denver Nuggets, the Clippers attempted to retool to compete with their LA-rival. While losing Montrezl Harrell, they re-signed Marcus Morris for $64 million and grabbed Serge Ibaka from Toronto.
The Los Angeles Lakers and the Los Angeles Clippers kick the season off in a season-opening battle Dec 22.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth