The “no fun league” is at it again.
During the Monday Night Football game between the Chargers and Raiders, tight end Darren Waller made a nice reception in the first half. He then slammed the ball down in no particular direction.
The refs ruled the act to be blatant enough for a taunting penalty.
Darren Waller was called for taunting on this play. 🤔
— Pro Football Network (@PFN365) October 5, 2021
After the flag, fans were calling out the NFL once again for turning into the “no fun league”.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Kliff Kingsbury Photographed with Girlfriend Veronica Bielik For the Very First Time
- Miles Bridges Wife’s Sister Likes Interesting Comment About Felony Domestic Violence Charge
- Jayson Tatum is Now Following NBA Girlfriend Mulan Hernandez
- LaMelo Ball Posts Rare Picture of His ‘Baby’ Ana Montana
- Dad Gets Caught Texting Escort While With His Daughter At White Sox Game
— Amar Singh (The Great Towel-E) (@SkyBlue_Am) October 5, 2021
The NFL reacting to being called the No Fun League pic.twitter.com/ocMeMFEfzN
— Blake Garman (@FrostedBlakes34) October 5, 2021
NFL = No Fun League
— Todd Fuhrman (@ToddFuhrman) October 5, 2021
— I Formation Podcast (@iformpodcast) October 5, 2021
The No Fun League pic.twitter.com/X22CAtBDvz
— 𝔸𝕫𝕟ℍ𝕚𝕔𝕜 – friendly neighborhood Asian guy (@Aznhick80) October 5, 2021
No Fun League Strikes Again
The NFL made their intentions known that there would be a crackdown on taunting this season. And while fans were initially upset, I don’t think any of us could have even seen it becoming just this bad.
It really didn’t even seem like Darren Waller was spiking the ball down to flex or showoff. But that’s the league in this day-in-age.
Hopefully the NFL makes another change in regards to this taunting nonsense. We were already seeing too many flags, and now it’s just been taken to a whole another level.