Las Vegas Raiders coach Jon Gruden was just like the rest of us when he heard about the lightning delay for Monday Night Football.
Prior to the start of the game, a ref came up to Gruden on the sidelines to inform the coach that there was going to be a weather delay despite the fact that the game was being played in a dome.
Jon Gruden’s reaction to the news was priceless.
Imagine trying to explain a weather delay in a dome stadium to Jon Gruden https://t.co/bVFcgLWAK5
— Bet The Pigskin (@betthepigskin) October 5, 2021
Fans were quick to make some jokes about Jon Gruden’s reaction to the lightning delay.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Kliff Kingsbury Photographed with Girlfriend Veronica Bielik For the Very First Time
- Miles Bridges Wife’s Sister Likes Interesting Comment About Felony Domestic Violence Charge
- Jayson Tatum is Now Following NBA Girlfriend Mulan Hernandez
- LaMelo Ball Posts Rare Picture of His ‘Baby’ Ana Montana
- Dad Gets Caught Texting Escort While With His Daughter At White Sox Game
Jon Gruden is all of us learning you can still have a weather delay in a roofed stadium pic.twitter.com/puSmE13n8Y
— Pick Six Podcast (@picksixpod) October 5, 2021
Ref: “We have a weather delay”
Jon Gruden: We are playing in a dome man
Ref: *speechless pic.twitter.com/Er7ykg7N1i
— TalkinTakes (@taketalker) October 5, 2021
— PJ.Caz (@PJC_Raiders) October 5, 2021
Fortunately for Jon Gruden and the rest of us, the Monday Night Football delay was only about 25 minute, and the game is now in full swing.
Gruden is currently enjoying the most promising start to a season he’s had since the Raiders tenure began. His team is one of just two teams who are undefeated at the moment. But the Chargers come into tonight’s game as a slight favorite.
We’ll see what Jon Gruden has up his sleeve with the spotlight on his Raiders tonight.