Gar Forman is back, baby! After not even spending a full year unemployed, the disgruntled ex-general manager of the Chicago Bulls has a new position. The New Orleans Pelicans have hired Forman as a special advisor.
Former Chicago Bulls GM Gar Forman is joining the New Orleans Pelicans front office as a special advisor, sources tell ESPN. Forman will focus in the scouting area for David Griffin and Trajan Langdon.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) December 10, 2020
I know, Forman isn’t going to be an integral part of the Pelicans front office or anything, but it is still shocking to me that this man already has another job in the NBA. Gar Forman and John Paxson teamed up to run basketball ops for the Chicago Bulls for many years, and they basically turned the organization into a joke.
Forman was named the Bulls general manager in 2009, around the same time Derrick Rose fell into the Bulls’ lap. Forman’s squad made the playoffs in his first seven seasons, and he was even named executive of the year in 2011. However, Forman’s incompetence caught up with the Bulls in recent years. Forman failed to build a roster that would come close to competing for many years now. The Bulls missed the playoffs in four of the past five seasons before the team finally pulled the plug on Gar Forman.
NBA fans trolled the Pelicans on social media for their most recent hire.
Get in Some Sideaction:
- Nate Knockout Racist? Hosts Only Kidding? Watch Jemele Hill and Cari Champion Question Jake Paul for Yourself
- Dez Bryant COVID-19 Testing Dispute: Receiver Claims Multiple Negative Tests
- Alabama Basketball Coach Nate Oats Rips Coach K for Wanting Postponment for COVID-19
- Is Marshawn Lynch Coming Out of Retirement Again?
- LeBron James Ponders Pee Wee Football Coach Punching Player
- James Harden’s Mom Says Superstar Wants Out of Houston
- Derby Defeat Gets Dirty as Bellerin Defensive Display Derided by Adams
- Carmelo Anthony Brings Back the Braids; Big Year Inbound?
- What Missed Cut? Brooks Koepka Fed Grapes on Beach
A special advisor of what???
How to destroy a franchise and long for the rebuild every year?
— Bryson Creighton (@brysoncreighton) December 10, 2020
Gar Forman: pic.twitter.com/RTLYpcSDRP
— Pelicans Empire (@PelicansEmpire) December 10, 2020
Gar Forman loved Tyrus Thomas over LaMarcus Aldridge🚩, Thought Jimmy Butler was past his prime🚩 and traded UP to get Doug McDermott 🚩😴. Literal sabotage. Good Luck @PelicansNBA https://t.co/HlIvowxs4x
— Been About It, Always Will Be (@InBossYouTrust) December 10, 2020
Arturas Karnisovas and Marc Eversley when Gar Forman calls them trying to gain intel on Bulls players. pic.twitter.com/c33VEKTBOG
— Artūras Karnišovas Fan Club (@arturasfanclub) December 10, 2020
Gar Forman better be a fucking great Scout and just suck at everything else otherwise i hate everything. https://t.co/rvzrmTMP0n
— Deliberating Dragon (@DeliberatingD) December 10, 2020
— AJB 🐬 (@Arjun_AJB15) December 10, 2020
Yeah, good luck with Gar Forman New Orleans….you’ll need it.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills
- Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Received Plenty of Attention on NFL Sunday For Her Multi-Colored Dress
- Cooper Rush’s Wife Reacts to Her ‘Daddy’ Getting Big Win While Replacing Dak Prescott as Cowboys Starter
- Rumor: Video of Niners QB Trey Lance Allegedly at the Strip Club Making it Rain Goes Viral
- IG Golf Influencer Paige Spiranac Forced To Delete Comments On Latest Video After Fat-Shaming Comments