Beth Mowins is doing what no one woman has done before her.
The play-by-play announcer will reportedly call tonight’s game between the Atlanta Hawks and Philadelphia 76ers on ESPN alongside color commentator Jeff Van Gundy and sideline reporter Cassidy Hubbarth.
Beth Mowins will become the first woman to call play-by-play for a regular-season NBA game on ESPN.
— espnW (@espnW) December 3, 2021
In 2017, she became the first woman to call a national broadcast of an NFL game when she did play-by-play for a Denver Broncos-Los Angeles Chargers “Monday Night Football” matchup alongside commentator Rex Ryan.
Mowins’ colleague Doris Burke became the first woman to work as a full-time NBA in-game analyst at ESPN during the 2017-18 season.
Sounds like some real progress is being made.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- One Surprising QB Has Been an Especially Popular MVP Bet the Last Few Weeks
- Jared Goff’s Supermodel Fiancée Details How She Received Death Threats Following Lions’ Losses
- Ian Rapoport’s Wife Speaks on Her Husband’s Rival Adam Schefter
- Detroit Lions Getting Huge Betting Boost from Hard Knocks
- One Very Hot Bet of Late is on a Receiver You’d Never Think Of