It’s been a scary and eventful week for Yankees third baseman Miguel Andujar.
Prior to joining the team at their Spring Training facility in Tampa Bay, Fla, it was reported that Andujar was robbed at gunpoint at his farm in the Dominican Republic.
I don’t see anyone reporting this in the US but apparently Miguel Andujar was jumped and robbed and had his family threatened 😵💫 in DR pic.twitter.com/uANgFJ0cqH
— Envy 🇩🇴 (@PLTNOPWR) March 11, 2022
The Miguel Andujar story was later confirmed by some reporters in the United States. Apparently, the infielder was preparing to leave for the U.S. when the robbing occurred.
Luckily, Andujar is doing alright. And he’s expected to arrive at Spring training on Saturday.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Aaron Rodgers Was a No-Show at His Brother’s Wedding
- Luka Doncic’ Girlfriend Shows Her Support Ahead of Western Conference Finals
- Dejounte Murray’s Girlfriend Got Another Tattoo After She Removed a Previous One After They Split
- Kendall Jenner Spotted at Disastrous Game 7 For Phoenix Suns
- Lou Williams Caught in 4K Kissing Mario Chalmers Baby Mama at Airport
Source says Miguel Andujar was indeed robbed by three gunmen in the DR. But source also says Andujar is doing Ok and is scheduled to arrive in Tampa tomorrow.
— Erik Boland (@eboland11) March 11, 2022
Miguel Andujar battled injuries and some inconsistent play in 2021 — but he did manage to hit a respectable .253 in 162 plate appearance.
He’s currently entering the prime of his career at his age-27 season, and would figure to be in the Yankees’ plans as a role player throughout the season.
The most important thing, though, is that Miguel Andujar and his family are not seriously injured in the aftermath of this scary situation.