As the entire world mourns the year anniversary of Kobe’s passing, his hometown in Italy is pulling out all the stops. The Italian city of Reggio Emilia will unveil the “Largo Kobe and Gianna Bryant”, a plaza in their honor. Kobe spent several years of his youth living there.
Reggio Emilia, located about an hour’s drive east from Bologna in northern Italy, will unveil the “Largo Kobe and Gianna Bryant,” a plaza dedicated to the man who spent several years of his youth living in the small city while his father, Joe Bryant, played for the Cantine Riunite, Reggio’s professional basketball team.
“The city of Reggio Emilia and its citizens loved, first Joe, and then Kobe Bryant, the child who, once he returned to America, always remembered Reggio with love,” Emanuele Maccaferri, the vice president of the Sport Foundation of Reggio Emilia, told ESPN. “On this sad day we want to remember that happy child who left wonderful memories in so many people of Reggio Emilia.”
The space, located in the historic center of town, will be commemorated with a plaque and a newly planted Ginkgo biloba tree in the Bryants’ honor and is a pedestrian thoroughfare commonly used by fans coming and going to the city’s basketball arena.
- Bernie Sanders Meme Enters the Sports World
- Super Bowl Outcome Already Known? Former Running Back Larry Johnson Thinks So
- MLB Might Finally Delay Spring Training But Now Players Are Angry
- Floyd Mayweather Has Some Harsh Words for Conor McGregor
- Bruce Arians Fires Shot Across Patriots’ Bow
- Did MJ Cut Anthony Anderson Off Following Golf Defeat?
- Peyton Manning to Play Key Role in Tennessee Alma Mater’s Search for Head Coach
Check out more below:
A plaza in Reggio Emilia, Italy has been named in honor of Kobe and Gianna.
Kobe lived there from 1989-91 pic.twitter.com/pjD3AHt5jO
— Kobe & Gianna Bryant Murals (@kobemurals) January 26, 2021
The city of Reggio Emilia (Italy) just dedicated a street to Kobe and Gianna. This is how much love the city he used to live in and play when he was a kid feels many years after those days. #Kobeforever #KobeBryant #ReggioEmilia 🏀❤️ pic.twitter.com/gTDdQOpQ9z
— Phabolous (@Phabolous) January 26, 2021
A Reggio Emilia è stata inaugurata una mostra dedicata a Kobe, da guardare e da ascoltare: ogni foto contiene una di Kobe ascoltabile tramite qr-code dal vivo, e da casa su questo sito: https://t.co/IB7mKWQWsI
Le voci dei podcast sono di Gazzoli, Max Collini e 2 ex coach di Kobe. pic.twitter.com/IoH94tAtyf
— La Giornata Tipo (@parallelecinico) January 26, 2021
The Los Angeles Lakers legend welcomed a bit of Italy back into his life. Now Bryant’s old Italian stomping grounds will forever be remembered as Kobe’s Plaza.
Welcome to the game outside the game! Follow us on our Sideaction Twitter handle, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest on sports and pop culture news across the web!
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth