Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake will be linked forever. It’s been so many years since the infamous Super Bowl halftime show incident. It’s still to this day one of the most memorable, talked about halftime shows of all time. Back in 2004, there was a wardrobe malfunction of epic proportions, and it seriously hampered the career of Janet Jackson following the incident. Timberlake didn’t take much heat, and he didn’t speak up either. Now he’s taken to Instagram to apologize. He’s addressing the coverage surrounding his 2004 Super Bowl performance with Jackson in which she suffered a nip slip.
“I’ve seen the messages, tags, comments, and concerns and I want to respond. I am deeply sorry for the times in my life where my actions contributed to the problem, where I spoke out of turn, or did not speak up for what was right. I understand that I fell short in these moments and in many others and benefited from a system that condones misogyny and racism,” he wrote.
“I specifically want to apologize to Britney Spears and Janet Jackson both individually, because I care for and respect these women and I know I failed. I also feel compelled to respond, in part, because everyone involved deserves better and most importantly, because this is a larger conversation that I wholeheartedly want to be part of and grow from,” he said.
See his post below:
- Gronk Goes to Disney World is the Most Clickable Headline of the Year
- Tom Brady is a Fanatic About Winning; Leonard Fournette Has Proof
- Mariota Reclamation Project in New England? Patriots Reportedly Eyeballing Quarterback
- Super Bowl Streaker Bet on Super Bowl Streaking
- Two Teams Reportedly Interested in Carson Wentz Trade
- Bronny James Reveals Torn Meniscus Diagnosis
- Courtside Karen in LeBron James Incident Apologizes via Instagram
- What Was Actually Said in LeBron James vs Courtside Karen Incident
Looks like cancel culture was coming for JT, so he did what any good PR person will tell you to do, GET OUT IN FRONT OF IT.
Not sure we’d be seeing any apology from JT if that Brittney Spears doc didn’t get released.
Check out the infamous moment below:
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth