Is Julian Edelman going the Gronk route? When Julian Edelman joined NFL Network’s virtual Draft-A-Thon on Thursday night and Brady made a innocent joke about the wide receiver coming out retirement to join him on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, everyone pretty much freaked out.
“We know Julian didn’t retire. Let’s be honest,” Brady said. “He’s just too scared to tell (Patriots head coach) Bill (Belichick) he wants to come to Tampa. I’ve been there.”
Brady’s remark sparked speculation about Edelman pulling a Gronk and unretiring to sign with the Bucs.
Former NFL punter Pat McAfee added fuel to the fire, only to be shut down by Edelman himself Sunday on Twitter.
Ain’t going any where Bubs #foxboroforever
— Julian Edelman (@Edelman11) May 2, 2021
The 34-year-old also blamed injuries that forced him to retire.
Now of course he could take a year off, get his body right, and then want to play. But would he really be all that great as a 35 year old slot receiver?
Edelman wasn’t as young as Gronk was when he first called it quits.
Edelman is most likely done.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth