If there’s anyone who deserves to watch the biggest sporting event of the year, it’s John Clayton. The broadcasting legend took to Twitter like most famous people do, to complain about an issue with his Directv. Apparently his local channel 7 isn’t being shown on the satellite provider because they can’t reach a deal with the local affiliate.
- Bronny James Reveals Torn Meniscus Diagnosis
- Courtside Karen in LeBron James Incident Apologizes via Instagram
- What Was Actually Said in LeBron James vs Courtside Karen Incident
- JJ Watt’s Hilarious Response to Trade Rumors
- On Top of Everything, Karl-Anthony Towns Reveals He Was Hit by Drunk Driver
- Is a Deshaun Watson for Chase Young Trade Brewing?
- Bruce Arians Fires Shot Across Patriots’ Bow
- Did MJ Cut Anthony Anderson Off Following Golf Defeat?
John Tweeted that this would be the first Super bowl he’s missed since 1983.
See his tweet below:
I can't believe my wife and I can't watch the Super Bowl because Directv and Cox tv cant reach a deal for channel 7 in Seattle. I've been to 45 Super Bowls. Missing my first since 1983. Locast is has problems connecting. I'm in the Hall of Fame. Directv is shutting us out.
— John Clayton (@JohnClaytonNFL) February 4, 2021
Naturally Twitter had some suggestions:
Can someone tell the old guy, who's in the Hall of Fame evidently, how to sign up for YoutubeTV or some other service? https://t.co/iEfR27qY20
— KBehr (@KBehr68) February 5, 2021
Someone tell this man about the internet https://t.co/h3xB0Y08dz
— . (@llllIllIlllllIl) February 5, 2021
This is up there with Tom Byrne dropping a "do you know who I am?!" as he assaulted a cab driver! #HallOfFame #FixHisCable @DIRECTV! https://t.co/Mk54mv7LjQ
— GS (@Greg_Shields) February 5, 2021
Time to buy a HD Antenna…lol https://t.co/plx5521jVG
— Crazy B (@JacobsTalk) February 4, 2021
This is not a good look for @DIRECTV https://t.co/eNX0ZQkkEo
— Jordan Yeates (@JJordanYeates) February 4, 2021
LMFAOOOOOO who tf uses Cox TV https://t.co/ldJDnUGqpb
— #AreYouReady (@iJkiddrox) February 4, 2021
There’s this delightful little object called an antenna John! https://t.co/8T2DTy9Gsh
— Roger Kuznia (@RogerKuznia) February 4, 2021
You had me til HOF. Digital antenna. https://t.co/gbxHGonG1B
— Josh Klingler (@joshklingler) February 4, 2021
He's in the Hall of fame! @DIRECTV https://t.co/jcAnhvCqev
— Tim Tully (@thefifthtim) February 4, 2021
First world problems. https://t.co/WVBOVH4S7R
— iStoleFreeHugs (@lexijointz) February 4, 2021
Sorry buddy. Did anyone tell you the news that hundreds of thousands of people are dead? https://t.co/Icld6nZXMO
— jeffreysweeney (@jeffreysweeney) February 5, 2021
There are obviously several other ways to watch the big game John.
Plus letting everyone know you’re in the Hall of Fame isn’t going to help your cause.
Cmon, be better legend.
Welcome to the game outside the game! Follow us on our Sideaction Twitter handle, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest on sports and pop culture news across the web!
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth