Seattle Seahawks defensive star Jamal Adams is taking on his former team, the New York Jets, for the first time after a tumultuous three NFL seasons in the Big Apple.
Before the upcoming matchup, he made his thoughts clear in an interview with SportsNet New York.
“I pray one day they do figure it out and get the ball rolling because the fans deserve it over there,” said Adams. “They’re so passionate and they’re so loyal.”
After sending his thoughts and prayers to New York fans, Adams continued with pleasantries toward his former organization while expressing his gratitude for playing across the country in Seattle. “Things happened the way it happened. I had to do what I had to do to get out of my situation and I’m happy to be here,” said Adams. “I’m happy to be a part of an organization that values me and respects me for who I am on and off the field. But I have nothing but love for the Jets organization.”
The Jamal Adams divorce from the Jets was public and ugly. After being drafted sixth overall in 2017, Adams knew his tenure in New York was doomed from the start. “I knew it wasn’t right,” Adams said on Uninterrupted. “As bad as I wanted to stay, and as bad as I wanted to create my own legacy and try to build something, and try to bring a championship to New York, it was hard, man. I felt like a lot of the times the weight was on my shoulders.”
This Week in Sideaction:
- Nate Knockout Racist? Hosts Only Kidding? Watch Jemele Hill and Cari Champion Question Jake Paul for Yourself
- New York Mets Bag McCann, Setting Sights on Springer?
- Bulls Announcer’s Brash On-Air Statement Drawing Heat
- Dez Bryant COVID-19 Testing Dispute: Receiver Claims Multiple Negative Tests
- Alabama Basketball Coach Nate Oats Rips Coach K for Wanting Postponment for COVID-19
- What’s That Wacky Larsa Pippen Up to Now?
- Is Marshawn Lynch Coming Out of Retirement Again?
- LeBron James Ponders Pee Wee Football Coach Punching Player
- James Harden’s Mom Says Superstar Wants Out of Houston
- Derby Defeat Gets Dirty as Bellerin Defensive Display Derided by Adams
The New York Jets went 16-32 during Adams’ time there. Seattle, meanwhile, is 8-4 in his first season. Adams played eight games this season after battling through an injury, going 5-3 in his starts. His 7.5 sacks is his career high.
Jamal Adams will try to anchor the Seattle Seahawk’s worst ranked pass defense into something more substantial for the playoffs.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth