Detroit Lions veteran long snapper Don Muhlbach was cut on his birthday, which lead to to Lions Coach Dan Campbell calling himself an A-hole for having to make the brutal cut.
Lions Head Coach Admits He’s an ‘A-Hole’ for Cutting Long Snapper on 40th Birthday https://t.co/Vv7dXhbOCi
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) August 19, 2021
Now he’s back into the organization as an assistant following that savage birthday cut.
In his new role as a special assistant, Muhlbach will “support executive vice president and general manager Brad Holmes, president and CEO Rod Wood and head coach Dan Campbell with various projects across the team’s football and business operations,” the team said in a statement.
Dan Campbell says Don Muhlbach will help some with coaching, maybe do a little scouting alongside Brad Holmes.
— Chris Burke (@ChrisBurkeNFL) September 10, 2021
Muhlbach said he’s excited for the opportunity to remain with the Lions, and that he looks forward to “bringing a winning culture to Detroit.”
Don Muhlbach to join #Lions organization as special assistant
— Detroit Lions (@Lions) September 10, 2021
It didn’t hurt that Muhlbach and Dan Campbell were teammates for three seasons with the Lions.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth