The Tyler Skaggs death was avoidable, and now there may be repercussions. Former Angles employee Eric Kay has been indicted on two counts of federal drug crimes for his role in Skaggs’ death.
Skaggs passed away from an opioid overdose on July 1, 2019. The most troubling part was that team employees (like Eric Kay) were not only aware of Skaggs’ opioid usage, but were supplying the dugs to the pitcher.
The indictment charges Kay with conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute a controlled a substance, and also with distribution of a controlled substance resulting in death or serious bodily injury.
- Justin Tuck Talks About Giants Locker Room Rap Battles And The Time Strahan Destroyed Osi
- Josh Allen’s Girlfriend Brittany Williams Ready For Tuesday Night Football
- Florida Football Team Has Positive COVID-19 Tests Days After Dan Mullen Lobbies For Stadium At Full Capacity
Eric Kay had been in the Angels public relations department for over 20 years. According to the indictment, Kay “and others” had been supplying the drugs since 2017.
Tyler Skaggs’ autopsy showed fentanyl and oxycodone in his system at the time of his death.
Kay was originally charged in August, and surrendered to police then. Since then, Kay and federal authorities had delayed the proceedings twice to pursue plea agreements, according to court documents.
At the time of the charge, U.S Attorney Nealy Cox said this is a statement, “Tyler Skaggs’s overdose – coming, as it did, in the midst of an ascendant baseball career – should be a wakeup call: No one is immune from this deadly drug, whether sold as a powder or hidden inside an innocuous-looking tablet,” Cox said. “Suppressing the spread of fentanyl is a priority for the Department of Justice.”
There was evidence that Eric Kay was found in Skaggs’s hotel room on the night before he was found dead. This story continues to become more tragic, and the more details that emerge, the more unsettling the story becomes.
Skaggs’ family does have a lawyer, but they’re reportedly waiting for this process to unfold before pursuing civil action.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth