What a way to finish the season.
Mike Shildt was named a finalist for the NL Manager of the Year award on Monday, just a few weeks after the Cardinals fired him following an early playoff exit.
His fellow finalists: Gabe Kapler, still with the San Francisco Giants, and Craig Counsell, still with the Milwaukee Brewers.
Your NL Manager of the Year finalists.
Which skipper earned this award? pic.twitter.com/esPGEWeXlU
— MLB (@MLB) November 9, 2021
The Cardinals were held to one run and walked off by the Los Angeles Dodgers in the NL wild-card game, and suddenly the season ended up being a failure.
Being a Major League manager is not easy. The expectations are often unrealistic. You can be nominated for Manager of the Year and still get canned.
Back in the day all you had to do is get your team to win.
Now you have to get them to the promised land or else you’re on the hot seat.
There’s not much job security in that…
Welcome to the game outside the game! Follow us on our Sideaction Twitter handle, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest on sports and pop culture news across the web!
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth