ESPN broadcaster Steve Levy was going in-depth about the homeless history of Steelers running back Najee Harris during Monday Night when he decided to share an anecdote.
Levy claimed that Harris slept on the ground during his time at Alabama. And when the running back heard the claim, he hopped on social media to refute it, saying that he most definitely slept in his own bed when he was with the Crimson Tide.
Najee Harris Calls Out MNF Crew For Wrongly Saying He Slept On The Floor During His Time At Alabamahttps://t.co/0vltT5JyGX
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) November 9, 2021
Steve Levy would later apologize to Najee Harris, and said he would be donating to his charity to try to prove his good intentions.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Kliff Kingsbury Photographed with Girlfriend Veronica Bielik For the Very First Time
- Miles Bridges Wife’s Sister Likes Interesting Comment About Felony Domestic Violence Charge
- Jayson Tatum is Now Following NBA Girlfriend Mulan Hernandez
- LaMelo Ball Posts Rare Picture of His ‘Baby’ Ana Montana
- Dad Gets Caught Texting Escort While With His Daughter At White Sox Game
I got this part wrong Najee, my mistake. Your story is inspirational & mission to positively impact is admirable.
I’ll be donating to the Da' Bigger Picture Foundation and encourage others to help Najee’s greater purpose where they can.https://t.co/GlbxzRfXSD
— Steve Levy (@espnSteveLevy) November 9, 2021
Najee Harris still hasn’t responded to Steve Levy.
ESPN really needs to get their sh-t together when talking about a man’s history. Either that, or just keep the focus on the game at-hand.
Nobody wants some broadcaster telling lies about their upbringing.