Seattle Seahawks DK Metcalf has a need, a need for speed. Metcalf received an invitation to prove just how fast he really is. USA Track and Field sent a tongue-in-cheek tweet encouraging the Seattle Seahawks receiver to test himself against “real speed” at the upcoming Olympic Trials.
— USATF (@usatf) October 26, 2020
Metcalf’s agent called USA Track and Field’s Adam Schmenk and revealed his client was serious about training for the 100 meters.
“DK’s agent told us that he really wants to try to make the Olympics and asked what steps he needs to take,” Schmenk told Yahoo Sports. “We walked him through what the auto qualifying time was that he would have to run in a sanctioned USATF event and told him that we would help him find a lane if and when he wanted to do this.”
DK Metcalf has already proven he's one of the NFL's fastest men. Now he's making a long-shot bid to qualify for the Olympics in the 100 meters. https://t.co/XKNJxN51tS
— Jeff Eisenberg (@JeffEisenberg) May 4, 2021
Metcalf is officially entered in the 100m at Sunday’s USATF Golden Games and Distance Open at Mt. SAC.
DK teased his participation on Twitter:
— DK Metcalf (@dkm14) May 3, 2021
This should be interesting.
The man is fast, but can he really compete against professional sprinters? We will see…
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth