Sources: David Price will pay out of his money $ 1,000 during the month of June to each minor league player in Dodgers system (40-man roster not included) according to multiple sources. Beautiful act if we count that Price hasn't played yet in MLB with @Dodgers. RESPECT.
— Francys Romero (@francysromeroFR) May 29, 2020
After sources told ESPN’s Jeff Passan that the Minor Leagues planned to cut hundreds of players amid the pandemic, David Price is taking it upon himself to make sure these guys are getting some sort of income in the month of June, as it looks like we’re a long ways away from getting Major or Minor League baseball.
- Minneapolis Dude Missed The Gym So Much That He Hopped On A Planet Fitness Elliptical During Their Looting
- Hot College Girl In Bikini Goes Viral For Having A Solid Spiral On A Very Nice Deep Ball
- UFC Fighter Macy Chiasson Rips Bellator’s Valerie Loureda For Showing Her Booty On TikTok
Price is on one of the more lucrative deals in the MLB and is estimated to have made about $180 million over his 13-year career, but that shouldn’t diminish what he’s doing here. I’m just glad to see that people are recognizing this act, especially because he hasn’t even played a game with the Dodgers’ organization yet.
David Price's total career earnings in baseball are less than 1/1000th of the combined net worth of the group that owns the Los Angeles Dodgers https://t.co/fBtyNApJ05
— Timothy Burke (@bubbaprog) May 29, 2020
As we saw when the NBA was canceled, the stories of players doing something financially for other employees ultimately turn into “well, the owner is worth 1,000 times more than the player. What is the owner going to do?” And that is certainly understandable. I think we agree (or at least most of us do) that the the owners should do something, as they certainly have the means to, despite what they’ll tell you about losing money each year. However, can we give them a few days to figure out a good way to go about this? Maybe each owner will financially help out these minor-leaguers, but I’m not sure trying to shame them into it is the best way to go about it. If we get through the weekend and no owner steps up the way Price is, then by all means, shame all you want.
David Price giving $1,000 to each Dodgers’ minor-leaguer is incredibly generous, and hopefully his attitude becomes infectious among the players and owners.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth