MMA fans everywhere wanted to see Conor McGregor take care of Dustin Poirier on Saturday night, which would have opened up a world of intriguing potential matchups for the Irish superstar. Unfortunately, McGregor took the loss via second round knockout, and any dream of a Khabib Nurmagomedov rematch is likely dead.
Khabib took to Twitter to troll McGregor after the loss.
“This is what happened, when you change your team, leave the sparring partners who made you a champion and sparring with little kids, far away from reality,” Nurmagomedov wrote.
This is what happened, when you change your team, leave the sparring partners who made you a champion and sparring with little kids, far away from reality.
— khabib nurmagomedov (@TeamKhabib) January 24, 2021
Conor McGregor has since responded to Khabib’s comments.
“My team has been my team since day one, I have not changed anything. It is what it is. Respect the athletes, that’s the character of the man for sure, behind the mask… If he wants to have his disrespectful comments, come back my man,” McGregor said.
McGregor on Khabib's tweet: "My team has been my team since day one, I have not changed anything. It is what it is. Respect the athletes, that's the character of the man for sure, behind the mask… If he wants to have his disrespectful comments, come back my man"
— Aaron Bronsteter (@aaronbronsteter) January 24, 2021
— Chisanga Malata (@Chisanga_Malata) January 24, 2021
- James and the Giant Tax Bill; Harden to Pay $13M After Trade
- Colin Cowherd Wants Nick Saban to Get an NFL Head Coaching Gig
- Jimmy Butler Peer Pressured into Drinking Wine for the First Time
- Watch the Emotional Moment on Steelers Bench Following Playoff Loss
- Man Smashes His Own Television After Engaging Steelers Loss
- Superstar Third Baseman on the Trade Market?
- Johnny Manziel Was Barred from XFL by Vince McMahon
It appears as though Khabib Nurmagomedov will stay retired. There is simply no one in the UFC who can compete with him, and that was made clear with McGregor’s performance last night.
“I did talk to Khabib. And he said to me, ‘Dana be honest with yourself. I’m so many levels above these guys, I beat these guys.’ I don’t know. But it doesn’t sound very positive. We’ll see,” UFC president Dana White said after last night’s fight.
As for McGregor, he says he plans to continue fighting, but he’ll have to work his way up once again after the setback against Poirier.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth