Normally we’re lamenting a bad take from Colin Cowherd. But after Boomer Esiason went out on a limb to say that Mac Jones would have been the #1 overall pick if there was a re-draft today, it was Cowherd who was calling out the rough take.
On “The Herd” today, Colin Cowherd used one of his patented analogies to describe how Boomer Esiason was wrong about his Mac Jones take.
“Mac Jones is managing a beautiful Mercedes. He’s just not running it into a tree,” he said.
"Mac Jones is managing a beautiful Mercedes. He's just not running it into a tree."
— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) September 21, 2021
Colin Cowherd would go on to say that if Trevor Lawrence was the quarterback of the Patriots, he would have better success than Mac Jones.
In Boomer Esiason’s defense, Jones has definitely been the most successful rookie quarterback through the first two games of the NFL season.
In 69 pass attempts, Mac Jones has thrown zero interceptions, and has an impressive completion percentage of 73.9 with the patriots offense. If it weren’t for a Damien Harris fumble late in week one, he’d likely be heading into week three with a 2-0 football team.
It’s hard to argue that the Patriots didn’t get “their guy” with Mac Jones. But I’m with Colin Cowherd here, his upside is still less than a couple other rookie quarterbacks around the league.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth