While Conor McGregor normally doesn’t give credit or take time to tip his cap to other UFC fighters, he certainly has a soft spot for longtime rival, Nate Diaz.
Ahead of Diaz’s final fight against Tony Ferguson on Saturday, McGregor took to social media to pay tribute to the man he has multiple classic bouts with.
“Congrats Nate Diaz on making it to the end of his contractual obligations with the UFC, and as a bonafide superstar goer,” he wrote on Twitter. “An incredible feat. Fair play. Our trilogy will happen.”
Diaz was scheduled to fight Khamzat Chimaev in his final fight. But after Chimaev missed weight, Diaz will now square up against fellow UFC veteran, Tony Ferguson.
True to form, Diaz is planning on taking his ‘no f**ks’ mentality into the fight against Ferguson.
“I’m not a very likable looking person,” Diaz said via Yahoo Sports. “If you see a picture of me at a fight, I’m never [expletive] happy … You want to tell your mom this is my favorite guy here? And you look on TV and I’m going, ‘[Expletive] you [expletive.]’ … People are like, ‘What is this guy, [mentally challenged]’. I’m not [mentally challenged].
“I’m just not listening to you unless you understand what I’m doing.”
While Diaz hasn’t been particularly active leading up to his final fight, he’s adamant that he’s perfectly content walking away from the UFC after his contract expires.
“I come from a place with no money and you give me too much money,” Diaz said. “I don’t give a [expletive] about making more. I am doing better than I was ever supposed to do.”
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills
- Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Received Plenty of Attention on NFL Sunday For Her Multi-Colored Dress
- Cooper Rush’s Wife Reacts to Her ‘Daddy’ Getting Big Win While Replacing Dak Prescott as Cowboys Starter
- Rumor: Video of Niners QB Trey Lance Allegedly at the Strip Club Making it Rain Goes Viral
- IG Golf Influencer Paige Spiranac Forced To Delete Comments On Latest Video After Fat-Shaming Comments