Carmelo Anthony had a career resurgence as a member of the Portland Trail Blazers, and was somewhat of a hot commodity when NBA free agency opened on Monday.
With the frenzy of trades and deals going on yesterday, it was reported that Melo was choosing between his good friend, LeBron James, and the Lakers, or returning to play for the Knicks.
REPORT: Carmelo Anthony is “weighing interest” from both the Lakers and Knicks, via @TheSteinLine
— Hoop Central (@TheHoopCentral) August 3, 2021
In the end, it appears that Carmelo Anthony will be heading to LA to join the Lake Show.
Carmelo Anthony will join the Los Angeles Lakers, his manager tells @wojespn.
Melo will join LeBron in LA 🔥 pic.twitter.com/AGLvUw1eKl
— ESPN (@espn) August 3, 2021
Carmelo Anthony will now join the “big 3” of LeBron, Anthony Davis, and newly-acquired Russell Westbrook as the Lakers look to try to get back to the finals following their disappointing postseason last year.
While Anthony’s career looked dead two seasons ago, he has proven since then that he can still play a key role coming off the bench and making clutch shots.
Last season, Carmelo Anthony appeared in 69 games, averaging 13.4 PPG. If the Lakers reach their goal of winning a title in 2022, it’ll go a long way towards cementing Melo’s Hall-of-Fame legacy.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth