Baltimore Orioles outfielder Trey Mancini was one of the most coveted players on the trading block ahead of the deadline tomorrow. And earlier today, it was announced that the Houston Astros made the move to acquire the veteran.
The Houston Astros have acquired 1B/OF Trey Mancini from the Baltimore Orioles, sources tell ESPN. First with the news was @danconnolly2016.
— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) August 1, 2022
Shortly after the news was announced, Trey Mancini’s wife, Sara Perlman, took to Twitter to send out a ‘thank you’ to the city of Baltimore.
🧡 For a million reasons.. thank you Baltimore. You will always be such a special place for us. 🧡 pic.twitter.com/NvrOdiS5aB
— Sara Perlman (@saraperlman) August 1, 2022
Trey Mancini first met Sara Parlman when she was working as a reporter covering the Orioles and Nationals for MASN.
Since, the two have gone through a ton together in Baltimore. In 2020, Mancini was forced to miss the entire season after being diagnosed with cancer.
After beating the disease, Mancini has been a fan-favorite and been a huge role model in the city of Baltimore.
It’s safe to say that Trey Mancini will be missed in Baltimore. But good for him that he’ll have a chance to play for a real contender at this stage of his career.
Check out some more of Sara Perlman below:
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth