Teammates fighting one another is definitely frowned upon.
The International Basketball Federation is currently investigating an incident that occurred between two Mali international basketball players, who were involved in a fight following a game at the Women’s Basketball World Cup. The fight took place between teammates Salimatou Kourouma and Kamite Elisabeth Dabou, who appeared to slug it out in the area where reporters conduct postgame interviews.
As you will see in the video below, Kourouma threw several punches at Elisabeth Dabou before they were separated. It was some pretty good action in a short amount of time. Luckily Serbian television caught the melee break out.
— James Dart (@James_Dart) September 27, 2022
Mali lost the game to Serbia, 81-68. Then the fight happened following the loss.
FIBA released a statement over the fracas:
“Following the incident, FIBA has opened an investigation. Once the investigation is concluded, FIBA will decide on any applicable disciplinary measures.”
Mali qualified for the World Cup as a replacement for Nigeria, which was withdrawn from the tournament by its government as the result of an ongoing dispute over leadership.
Mali concluded its tournament with a 88-65 loss to Canada on Monday. Teammates don’t always have to be best friends but this kind of thing can not happen in public. During a close practice is one thing, in front of the cameras, not a good look.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth