UC Davis has announced that it will be suspending its entire baseball program and placing all coaches on leave while they investigate certain claims inside their program.
According to a statement released by the school, there is an internal investigation underway pertaining to “allegations of misconduct”.
BREAKING: UC Davis has placed the entire baseball program on suspension due to allegations of misconduct. The coaching staff has also been placed on administrative leave. There is currently no timeline for when team activities may resume. pic.twitter.com/26LVS7KZan
— College Baseball Hub (@CollegeBSBHub) July 14, 2021
“We are committed to conducting a thorough assessment to determine the best path forward to provide a safe and inclusive experience for all team members,” the release said.
The school said that the independent review is expected to last a few month, but that is subject to change. It is currently unknown when, or if, the school will resume baseball activities.
The UC Davis baseball program finished last in the Big West Conference after going 8-32 in the conference and 14-43 overall last season.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth