During an appearance during over the weekend, many fans were quick to notice that longtime college football reporter Todd McShay did not look healthy when talking about an Alabama offensive lineman.
On Tuesday, Todd McShay took to social media to announce that he was taking a leave from ESPN to address whatever health concern may be going on.
I am going to take some time away to focus on my health and my family. Thank you ESPN for being so supportive and for all the well wishes – I can’t wait to be back on the sidelines soon.
— Todd McShay (@McShay13) September 7, 2021
Todd McShay also missed time in 2020, when he was hospitalized with COVID-19. Prior to that, his health was also in question during a segment prior to a game in November.
Todd McShay's opening comments on the Wisconsin-Northwestern broadcast. (He was later taken off the broadcast thanks to illness.) pic.twitter.com/ehWKzqXJpN
— Andrew Bucholtz (@AndrewBucholtz) November 22, 2020
ESPN released a statement on the Todd McShay situation.
“Todd has ESPN’s full support as he steps away at this time to focus on his health and his family,” the network said in a statement.
We’re not going to speculate on Todd McShay’s condition, but I think it’s safe to say that we all hope that whatever it is proves to be minor, and that we see him back on the sidelines very soon.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth