The beginning of Tony La Russa’s tenure in Chicago has been just about as bad as possible. The 76-year-old was exposed publicly for a DUI arrest in February. The worst part? The White Sox apparently knew all about it. Now, it appears that star shortstop Tim Anderson isn’t about the White Sox new coaching staff at all.
First, the White Sox made La Russa’s staff official on Twitter.
The Chicago White Sox today announced the major-league coaching staff under manager Tony La Russa for the 2021 season:
— Chicago White Sox (@whitesox) December 1, 2020
It seemed like Tim Anderson chimed in with this cryptic tweet.
They shook it up. Kinda wasn’t feeling it.
— Seven (@TimAnderson7) December 1, 2020
“They shook it up. Kinda wasn’t feeling it,” Anderson tweeted. I don’t blame Tim Anderson, I wouldn’t really be feeling an old drunk coming in to manage my team, either.
More From Sideaction:
- Bill Walton Is Seemingly High as A Kite While Calling the Maui Invitational
- Does Allen Robinson Want Out of Chicago?
- Does Tom Brady Call the Plays For the Tampa Bay Buccaneers?
- Lance Stephenson Wants to Fight Jake Paul and Avenge Nate Robinson
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson to Televise Tying the Knot
- Logan Paul and Josie Canseco Call it Quits
- Nick Saban Tests Positive for COVID-19… Again.
Anderson made news when he said that he wasn’t going to conform to La Russa’s old-school style of baseball, and that he was going to continue to play the game his way.
“I won’t change my style, the way I play, for Tony,” Anderson said via ESPN last month. “That won’t happen. I will continue to be me. I always have and I always will be. We’ll see what happens, I guess, if I do do a bat flip.”
Anderson also responded to speculation that he might not get along with Tony La Russa.
“There’s been a lot of news saying that we might not get along,” Anderson said. “Hopefully, we can get along and continue to do what the ultimate goal is — to try to win a championship on the South Side. I’m just ready to pick his brain and learn the knowledge. … Just try to have fun with it, if he allows that.”
Seems like there might be trouble brewing on the South Side of Chicago. We’ll see if old man La Russa can find a way to relate to his young team.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth