With Max Kellerman done with First Take, and Stephen A. Smith, the morning debate show is looking for some new blood. Michael Irvin could be in according to reports, at least for some of the time. Michael McCarthy of FrontOfficeSports.com reports that the Hall of Fame receiver could be joining the show on Mondays.
Via Front Office Sports:
“Get ready for some potential TV fireworks. ESPN is considering bringing on Michael Irvin to debate Stephen A. Smith on ESPN’s “First Take,” sources tell Front Office Sports.
The deal to bring Irvin aboard as a guest commentator is not finalized said sources. It’s expected to be limited to “First Take.” The NFL Network analyst is not expected to appear on ESPN’s “Sunday NFL Countdown” or other NFL-related programming. ESPN is eying NFL Mondays as a natural staging ground for Irvin vs. Smith on “First Take.”
The two have squared off in the past. Irvin and Smith have engaged in mock-screaming debates about America’s Team on “First Take,” prompting host Molly Qerim Rose to describe Irvin as Smith’s “biggest rival” on TV.”
NEWS: One name ESPN is considering to bringing on to debate Stephen A. Smith…
— Front Office Sports (@FOS) August 24, 2021
Expect major fireworks on Mondays if this report is accurate.
No one goes from 1 to 100 faster than the Playmaker.
This will be a trainwreck, but one you need to watch.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth