Tampa Bay is known for a lot of things, but one of the things that stands out to party-goers when they visit the town is the strip clubs. When it was announced that Super Bowl LV would be played in Tampa Bay, the strip clubs figured to have a huge uptick in business throughout the week. Due to the pandemic, that hasn’t been the case.
While Florida is one of the few states that have allowed clubs to be open, they still feel the affects of the pandemic, and it makes for a much weirder experience inside the clubs.
Local 10 in Tampa Bay did a story where they interviewed some dancers and club owners about how they’ll navigate through Super Bowl week with COVID still being a big storyline.
“I’m thinking we’ll get an increase in business but it’s not going to be like anything it was,” said Joe Redner, the owner of Mons Venus, an all-nude strip club down the block from Raymond James Stadium. “This COVID makes it a whole different world.”
- Bronny James Reveals Torn Meniscus Diagnosis
- Courtside Karen in LeBron James Incident Apologizes via Instagram
- What Was Actually Said in LeBron James vs Courtside Karen Incident
- JJ Watt’s Hilarious Response to Trade Rumors
- On Top of Everything, Karl-Anthony Towns Reveals He Was Hit by Drunk Driver
- Is a Deshaun Watson for Chase Young Trade Brewing?
- Bruce Arians Fires Shot Across Patriots’ Bow
- Did MJ Cut Anthony Anderson Off Following Golf Defeat?
Elizabeth Reed, a dancer at Scores Gentleman’s Club in Tampa Bay weighed in on how she’s handling the whole situation.
“It’s not the same,” she said. “It’s been an adjustment. Now I face away from the customer a majority of the time.”
Julio Quin, the manager of Scores in Tampa, worked with the chain’s Miami club during last year’s Super Bowl. He’s remaining optimistic that they’ll get some business throughout the week.
“Picture your best day ever and multiply it by two,” he said of his experience in Miami during the Super Bowl.
It’s kind of crazy to me that people are still going to the strip clubs during the pandemic, but I guess these businesses still have to make money somehow. We’ll see if the strip clubs are really going to be popping off in Tampa Bay this week.
Only in Florida…
Welcome to the game outside the game! Follow us on our Sideaction Twitter handle, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest on sports and pop culture news across the web!
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth