This morning, the Chicago Bulls decided it was time to fire head coach Jim Boylen. Seemingly, Boylen was already on the hot seat since he started as interim head coach in 2019. The young Bulls had issues getting along with Boylen’s style, which has proven to be unfixable.
- Julian Edelman Responds to DeSean Jackson’s Anti-Semitic Post
- Tiger Woods Makes Major Announcement About 2020 Memorial Tournament
- Darius Slay Addresses The Irony In The NFL Deciding To Ban Postgame Jersey Swaps
According to a report from Joe Cowley of The Chicago Sun Times, Boylen’s behavior was a major factor in the decision to replace him. The players distrust of Boylen as their leader also contributed to his exit.
The feeling the players had toward Jim Boylen did carry weight into the decision to fire the coach, but according to a Bulls source there was also behavior displayed by Boylen that was considered "detrimental to the organization."
— Joe Cowley (@JCowleyHoops) August 14, 2020
In the past, Boylen had several issues with players including Zach LaVine. But, Bulls General Manager Arturas Karnisovas states the move was solely basketball related. The Bulls finished 39-84 during Boylen’s tenure despite adding several talented players through the draft.
The Bulls will now begin their search for a new head coach to stabilize their young core. According to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN, Kenny Atkinson, Denver Nuggets assistant Wes Unseld Jr., Toronto Raptors assistant Adrian Griffin and Milwaukee Bucks assistant Darvin Ham are among potential candidates.
Welcome to the game outside the game! Follow us on our new Sideaction Twitter handle for the latest on sports & pop culture news across the web!
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth