Despite the rumors that the Boston Celtics were likely going to move on from Marcus Smart, it was announced on Monday night that he was staying put on a massive new four-year deal.
ESPN Sources: Boston Celtics G Marcus Smart has agreed to a four-year, $77M extension. New deal starts in 2022-‘23 with no player option and secures him at $90M-plus through 2025-‘26.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) August 16, 2021
Shortly after the Marcus Smart news was announced, he took to Twitter to share a message with Celtics nation.
— marcus smart (@smart_MS3) August 16, 2021
Celtics star Jayson Tatum also reacted with joy to seeing that him and Marcus Smart were going to remain teammates for the foreseeable future.
Love my G- now let’s turn up https://t.co/FhPLuw3KFw
— marcus smart (@smart_MS3) August 17, 2021
The Boston Celtics have struggled with the core of Tatum, Marcus Smart and Jalen Brown to get over the hump. But after Brad Stevens moved from the bench to the front office to take over basketball operations, it appears that he’s intent on keeping the band together.
Celtics fans will be happy to see that their passionate leader, Marcus Smart, isn’t going anywhere. But the team still has some work to do if they want to be competing for championships in the future.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth