Talk about a good couple of athletes. The wife of Detroit Lions quarterback David Blough, Melissa Gonzalez, qualified to represent Colombia in the Tokyo Olympics later this month in the 400-meter hurdles. Gonzalez reportedly won the 400-meter hurdles at the South American Championships held in Ecuador in late May. She set both a Colombian and championship record in the event with a 55.68 second time.
She will represent Colombia in the 400-meter hurdles & owns the national record in the event (55.68).
Melissa & David both attended Creekview H.S. in Carrollton, Texas. pic.twitter.com/ZqhHDPCF6i
— Detroit Lions PR (@LionsPR) July 2, 2021
Blough also posted a message about his speedy wife:
I wish you all could see the day to day that went into this. In 2017, Melissa said, “I know I belong at the highest level, I’m going to run through Tokyo 2020 and just see what happens.”
— David Blough (@david_blough10) July 2, 2021
The two met in high school and have been going strong ever since.
Really makes you wonder if she can catch a football. The Lions can always use help.
Check out more of Blough’s wife Melissa below:
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth