Everton goalkeeper, Jordan Pickford has reportedly hired the services of bodyguards after receiving a number of death threats following his rugby challenge on Liverpool defender Virgil Van Dijk.
The England international clattered into the towering centre-back as he challenged him for a cross, a tackle which unfortunately left the Dutchman with an ACL injury in a Merseyside derby. Well, as shocking as the challenge was, Jordan Pickford remained on the turf while Van Dijk hobbled off it as both sides dramatically shared spoils 2-2.
To be frank, I don’t know which is more shocking: that he got away with nothing (actually Michael Oliver chose not to brandish even a yellow) or the death threats?
But I ask, is this really a thing? It is such a shame this would be coming after a football game, and a player would have to see his performance on the field of play haunt him.
I am not in any way supportive of Pickford’s horrendous gamesmanship, but I’m absolutely sure this does have nothing to do with threatening or taking a life. A LIFE ffs! Or what do you think?
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth