Joey Chestnut is a living legend for his ability to demolish hot dogs on July 4th.
Chestnut crammed 63 hot dogs down to win his 15th Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Competition on Monday, but it wasn’t without some interruptions.
The hot dog eating GOAT just finished his 17th hot dog when a protester dressed in all black rushed the stage with a sign that said “Expose Mithfield Deathstar”. Chestnut took quick action mid-bite and grabbed the protester with a rear-naked choke to the ground before security for the event took the person away.
Hot dog fight club 🌭 🇺🇸 pic.twitter.com/UeH0f3WO2V
— Baseball Fight Club (@mlb_fights) July 4, 2022
Even with the brief stoppage, Chestnut was still able to lap the field beating his nearest competitor by 23 hot dogs.
Joey Chestnut wins his 15th Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest 🏆
63 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes pic.twitter.com/W6ERIgOdZq
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) July 4, 2022
Chestnut suffered a compound fracture in his right leg in December, and most recently injured a tendon in his leg on a training run. He came into the competition looking like a gladiator on crutches.
Bum leg. 105 degrees outside. Recession. I have a splinter.
Doesn’t matter, Joey Chestnut defeats it all. The one true GOAT pic.twitter.com/W79ebh3BcH
— Big Cat (@BarstoolBigCat) July 4, 2022
Congrats to the hot dog eating GOAT and Happy 4th of July!
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Paige Spiranac Rates Each Sport Based Off How Hard They Party
- Photo: Scottie Pippen Spotted With Young Mystery Woman Amid His Ex Larsa Getting ‘Handsy’ With Marcus Jordan
- Liangelo Ball Pictured Kissing New Girlfriend Miss Nikkii Baby Amid Signing Non Guaranteed Contract with Hornets
- Source: Kliff Kingsbury’s Girlfriend Telling People They Are Building a New House in the Valley With an Epic Roof Top Party Pad
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills