It’s not everyday you see a Major Leaguer not have to use a glove to catch a baseball. Jesús Sánchez did that very feat, and now he joins the ultra-exclusive club last night by performing that feat on a fly ball down the right-field line. Did he put himself in a desperate situation by playing a routine chance into something extraordinary?
He sure did.
Watch the catch below:
JESUS SANCHEZ HIT A BOMB, THEN CAUGHT A BALL BARE-HANDED??? https://t.co/qsGUhVFahM
— Fuzzy (@fuzzyfromyt) September 21, 2021
“I was just running really hard after the ball,” Sánchez said postgame. “I was trying to be very careful with the wall, and I was looking at the wall, looking at the ball, and then suddenly I looked at the ball and I passed the ball completely. I didn’t have any reach with my left hand, so I just pulled that right hand and suddenly I grabbed it.
The 23-year-old Sanchez is one of 14 rookies on the Miami Marlins.
Now he’ll forever be linked with Kevin Mitchell.
It's Kevin Mitchell's birthday, so it gives us an excuse to post the time he caught a fly ball with his bare hand. pic.twitter.com/Rm6sOrYCTx
— Cut4 (@Cut4) January 13, 2019
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Kevin Durant Spotted in Saint Tropez Amid Retirement Talk
- Punt God Odds For Offensive Rookie of the Year Revealed
- Bet is Hitting An Astounding 82% During NFL Preseason
- Report: White Sox Manager Tony La Russa Had Two ‘Accidents’ in the Dugout Last Season
- Aidan Hutchinson DROY Bets Becoming Hot Wager After Eventful Week