Buffalo Sabres captain Jack Eichel has had yet another rough season with his organization.
The 24-year-old saw his Sabres finished dead-last in the NHL in points, and he has been dealing with a herniated disk injury since March. In Eichel’s first media session in a while, he was noticeably irked with how the Sabres have handled his injury. Eichel would prefer to have surgery, while the Sabres saw the situation in another way.
“Obviously, I’m under contract with this team, and they definitely hold a lot of cards on what I can and can’t do,” Eichel said during a 25-minute, end-of-season video session with reporters via The Seattle Times.
“Things haven’t been very black and white,” he said. “There’s been some tough conversations, but I’ve got to do what’s best for me.”
Jack Eichel would go on to express doubt that he wants to be playing for the Sabres in the future.
“I think I’ve got a lot of thinking to do this offseason. There’s a lot that I’ll have to consider,” he said. “But for now, obviously, I’m here, I’m the captain of this hockey team. My goal is to be available and to try to help the guys in the room and help this organization win hockey games. And I’ll continue to do that as long as I’m here.”
Jack Eichel has not demanded to be traded yet, but it sure sounds like he’s contemplated it. If Buffalo wants any shot to turn around their franchise, they’ll likely have to get Jack Eichel happy and healthy.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth