The Dallas Cowboys final play is still being talked about.
With 14 seconds remaining in the game and no timeouts left, Dak Prescott took off on a run up the middle. He slid after picking up 17 yards, but with no way of stopping the clock, the Cowboys had to rush to get set.
That was when the umpire came running in from behind in and made it impossible for the Cowboys to get a play off in time.
NFL Films released mic’d-up footage from those final moments, and we could hear as Ezekiel Elliott was in disbelief that an official ran into Prescott.
“Hey, what happened? The referee got in the way?”
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Two Guys Passed Out Drunk Go Viral At PGA Championship
- Tim Anderson’s Wife Accuses Josh Donaldson Of Making Racist Comment During Game
- LaMelo Ball Shows Off New ‘Golden Child’ Hand Tattoos
- Ben Simmons’ Fiancé Shares Sexy Pics of the Couple While She’s Busy on Work Trip
- Jay Cutler Being Linked to Justin Timberlake in Cheating Scandal
— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) January 19, 2022
The ref was simply trying to get in there so the Cowboys could snap the ball, but with the time ticking, it wasn’t going to happen in time.
That’s exactly why a run wasn’t the right play call.
Interestingly enough, Dak was the one who called the run.